Normal | 30 minutes | Serves
For the pizza dough:
*Bon Appetit’s Grandma Style Pizza Dough
1 Envelope active dry yeast (about 2 ¼ teaspoons)
2 Tablespoons plus ½ cup ENZO Organic Medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil, plus more for bowl
2 Teaspoons kosher salt
4 Cups all-purpose flour, divided, plus more for surface
Favorite pizza sauce
ENZO Organic Fresno Chili Crush Olive Oil
1. For the pizza dough, combine yeast and 1 ½ cups warm water (105-110 degrees) in a large bowl; let stand until yeast starts to foam, about 10 minutes
2. Mix in 2 tablespoons olive oil, then salt and 2 cups flour. Add another 2 cups flour, a cup at a time, mixing until incorporated and a shaggy dough forms
3. Turn our dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until soft, smooth and elastic, 10-12 minutes. Place dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Chill 24 hours
4. Coat an 18 x 13” rimmed baking sheet with remaining ½ cup olive oil. Gently and gradually stretch dough until it reaches the edges of baking sheet. (If dough springs back or is stiff to work with, let it rest 10 minutes before continuing. You may need to let it rest more than once.)
5. Cover dough on baking sheet tightly with plastic wrap and let sit in a warm place (but not too warm! – about 70 degrees is ideal for yeast to grow) until it is puffed and full of air bubbles, 30-40 minutes
6. Place a rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 525 degrees or as high as oven will go.
7. Once Grandma-Style Pizza Dough has risen on baking sheet, top with pizza sauce and cheese. Bake pie until golden brown and crisp on bottom and sides, approximately 20-30 minutes.
8. Drizzle ENZO Organic Fresno Chili Olive Oil on top and enjoy!