2 Cleaned whole fish, approx. 1.5 lbs. each
1/4 Cup ENZO Organic Medium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2 Lemons, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 Medium shallot, thinly sliced
2 Garlic cloves, minced
1 Jar ENZO’S TABLE Basil Pesto
Fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat the oven to 450°.
2. Put the fish on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
3. Rub each fish with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
4. Fill the cavity with lemon slices, shallot, and garlic.
5. Roast for about 20 minutes, until the flesh is opaque and internal temperature has reached 145°F.
6. Immediately spoon basil pesto evenly over warm fish and drizzle with additional olive oil.
7. Garnish with fresh parsley and serve immediately.