Broccoli di Rabe / Broccolini
Recipe by Chef Mario Batali,
The Babbo Cookbook
2 Bunches broccoli rabe or broccolini, approximately 2 pounds
2 Whole anchovies or 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
1/4 Cup ENZO Organic Garlic Infused Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 Cup breadcrumbs
Flaky sea salt, to taste
1. Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil and add 2 tablespoons of salt. Set up an ice bath nearby.
2. Blanch the broccoli rabe in the boiling water for 3 to 4 minutes, until stems are tender, then remove with a slotted spoon and immediately plunge in the ice water.
3. Once cooled, drain and set aside.
4. In a large saute pan, heat 1/4 cup of olive oil over medium heat, then add anchovies or anchovy paste and minced garlic and cook for about 1 minute, until aromatic.
5. Add breadcrumbs and toast until golden brown. Quickly toss with broccoli rabe until warmed through. Season with salt, as needed, and serve immediately.